Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #18

As far as google.docs, I have used it in the past. I wanted to secure a lot of my school documents I had made last year. I was in the habit of just emailing myself at school whatever document I wanted to use. Anytime I wanted to use it, I had to search my email. I decided to upload my documents to google and have them stored safely 2 yers ago. I now have a safe secure place that is not subject to any damage or loss from my home. The only downside I have found from it is the inability the platform has for supporting my presentations from ppt. It does not accept them. I looked at open source and it seems to be a worthy online processing tool. I can remember through the years of students not being able to do their typing at home because they did not have Microsoft Word. Personally, I prefer Microsoft Word, because there are so many more useful tools to their package, such as font, templates, and many others. The presentation tool lacked backgrounds that I am very used to using. But I can see it as a backup if I am without Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment