Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #3

Amazing! Skype seems to be the ultimate professional connection tool. With blogs, wikis, and other online tools the discussion can take place and allow for much growth. But with this tool, you get the voice which would include inflection, feelings, dialect and more. I had pen pals with two classes in France a couple of years ago. I wish we had Skype. One of the classes in France was an ESL class. They were learning English. Having skype would have been an excellent way for the students to help them with our language. As librarians, and also teachers, visiting with others around the world creates a universe of wisdom in whatever field we are in. The only detriment is the naysayers who are afraid or unwilling to use technology. I know of some that will just say, I can't or don't have time. We have to come out of the dark ages as educators and realize our students are ions ahead of us with their use and friendliness with it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your Rollyo list as I sent it to my son who teaches high school history here in Dallas! Just wanted you to know that someone else appreciates your work!

    ReplyDelete