Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #17

It was a tedious, but interesting exercise to set up a Rollyo. I created one for primary sources. I found in teaching U.S. History last year, there were so many sites to search from when you are looking for a document or archive on a certain point in history. Also, when I was wanting my students to search and analyze primary sources on a certain part of history, it would take a while to find the sites that actually contained the sources. Using rollyo, I can search several of the sites at once. One hangup I found is when I actually put in something to search from history, one of the websites has so many hits, it doesn't list the others for pages away. But the Memory Collection from the Library of Congress is so important, it is worth going through all of the hits. Here is a link to my rollyo http://rollyo.com/branon5/primary_sources/

No comments:

Post a Comment