Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #21

I love Photostory! I used it last year, when I taught 5th. It was the first time I had used this technology in my classroom. The kids loved it. They could easily navigate the program. It was a great venue for them to express their thoughts about subjects and allow them to use some higher level thinking skills with analyzing whatever subject or book we were covering. I will definitely use this to create some book trailers. That is, if I can fix my audio problem with my laptop. I tried to create a photostory about a Bluebonnet book, so that I could post a new podcast. However, my internal microphone would not work. When I ran the test it made this high pitched screeching noise. I was very frustrated. But like I told my students last year, never ever give up on technology. You may get mad and want to throw the computer our the window...but it is our future... and therefore, well worth our patience. I will call the geek squad tomorrow to iron out the kinks on the audio. But in order to go on with Things, I will post a photostory my student, Nia, made last year for 39 Clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment