Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #22

I like the idea of having the professional connects the Ning offers. I also like the way it networks with comments with other groups. I joined a couple of the ones you listed. I read some of the new librarians post and advice others had offered for them. I found a comment that said to always pay attention to the warm body in front of you. If someone asks if you are busy, always say not too busy for you! She advised to put email and phone on hold when it came to the needs of teachers. I heard this same advice from a friend librarian. She said to always remember to put the customer first, regardless. So I will be looking at NIng a little more. I did notice some of the posts were a little old on the Texas librarian's site. This is a worthy venue for networking with others in my chosen field of librarianship.

No comments:

Post a Comment