Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #23

This has been a great experience this summer. Since I am a new librarian, there are so many frightening aspects of the job I worry about. However, going through this program has given me courage to explore and utilize web 2.0 tools this next year. Below are the answers to the questions we are expected to answer in finishing the program. Thank you!
  1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? Some of my favorite were the igoogle and flickr. I really enjoyed the amazing resources these sites offered. Library Thing was also one of my faves. Having connections with other readers and their shelves is a great experience for any reader, especially librarians.
  2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I am always seeking to grow on this journey as an educator. Finding tools to connect professionally is such an important step in my career. I feel with these tools I can connect regionally with others in my field as well as internally, which widens my global community of knowledge.
  3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I was surprised at how many of these seemingly obscure (at least to me) tools were so user friendly. An example is the embedding of videos in a blog or a wiki. I didn't realize how simple it was . Just finding the steps and utilizing the knowledge was such an eye opener for me. I used it with my book club and many were very impressed. I thought, how easy was that. Anyone could do it. It just takes a little time and attention to learn it.
  4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I don't know of any improvements. Anytime I had a problem, I had an immediate response from the Ozs' that were administering the program. I liked the blog format. I wonder if having a wiki also might offer a discussion format where many comments are made and shown.
  5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Most definitely. In fact, I am signing up for 11 More Things tomorrow.
  6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? 23 Things, an extraordinary program, has opened the door to my chosen professional community for me.
  7. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

2 comments:

  1. You're finished! Woo-hoo! I'm sure completing all 23 Things is a good feeling - a feeling of accomplishment. I'm only about half-way there, but I'll be using your blog for inspiration. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you feel you have some good tools for your toolbox thru your adventure in the L2P playground! Remember you have a community of support becasue of this too...any of the participants are now a part of your circle. It Takes all of us to operate in the 2.0 world. Collaboration, creation, and sharing.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete