Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing #10

Second Life...very interesting! My experience is varied. I am going back to all that my education has taught me. Study to show thyself approved! My first mistake was to get an account, pick my avatar and just start moving. I bumped into so many walls, it should have put me in a coma. I was very frustrated and logged out. The next time I tried it, I went back and looked at all of the videos for movement, changing appearance, chatting, and joining groups. So, this time, I successfully searched for some interesting worlds, chose a home, changed my appearance, joined all of the groups Barry mentioned, and explored. I met two avatars. One was running away. The other was changing clothes (a little embarrassing, even for an avatar). I was a little frustrated at not finding someone to chat with. But I am learning this new environment slowly, but surely. I have to agree with others, it is fun and stimulating. To use with students, I think it would be a good way for students to explore, chat about subject material. I would love to see some book clubs for kids in this virtual world. I am always looking for book clubs. They called me the book club queen at my last school. I wonder if there is a crown for this in Second Life? Oh the possibilities of royalty? Probably not... I most likely will start with servanthood...something I am going to learn a lot of this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment