Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing #19

I have spent the last few hours looking at the web awards. There are a lot of treasures I wasn't expecting. Then there were several useful tools for some, but I could not find a reason for using it.

http://www.onesentence.org/This tool allows you to be precise with writing and yet use brevity to express a succinct thought, or using one sentence to tell the story. This would be great site to share with teachers to experiment with themselves before using the strategy in their own writing workshop. I also would like to practice my writing skills.
http://www.dabbledb.com/ This tool allows you to create reports and many other online databases straight from the website. I could set up my budget and its accounting on this accessible database.
http://wufoo.com/This website helps you create contact forms, online surveys, and invitations so you can collect the data, registrations and online payments you need without writing a single line of code. I could use this for events in the library, surveys for teachers and students, and special forms I want to send out. The forms look very professional.

There were several other award winners I enjoyed navigating and using from the list.

1 comment:

  1. It would really be helpful if you could make the sites hot links so we could click on anything you want us to visit and go there automatically. That is a part of the 2.0 world ...

    when you are in your blog post, you simply highlight the words you want to link and click on the little chain icon on the post box tool bar to add the url. If you do it from the edit page, be sure you republish!

    ReplyDelete