Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #10

Today I had fun with several image generators. Fun and addictive! I could spend hours doing this! I created a wordle for my role as a librarian. Being a newbie, I had to think of all of the roles and verbs to describe what it is I will do as a librarian. I could see the value of students really thinking about words, as powerful as they may be, to describe themselves or other item they are contemplating. I love Wordle! I also went to image chef. I know at the end of last year, my librarian created a Photostory to show photos taken throughout the year. She used image chef and I was very impressed with her signs. I created one for my daughter and sent it by email. I am surprised once again at what we can do with the technology tools that are FREE and available! This journey has really made the internet an eye opener. Here is the link to my Wordle

http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/955920/LIBRARIAN

1 comment:

  1. Image generators are fun...I use them on handouts for parents and teachers....it's a great attention getter...Kids like playing with them as well...you get to see their thought patterns...great way to check for understanding on a topic. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete