Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thing #7

Google offers so much! I had no idea it offered so many different avenues and experiences. I now have an igoogle page, complete with gmail, gdocs, daily news, youtube, random facts, calendar, calculator, interesting quotes, totally free stuff, and a monkey to play with. Who could ask for more on a homepage. I also added google alerts. I set it for the subject of "school libraries" and have received several really interesting news alerts concerning some interesting news about libraries. This is an ongoing investigation. I now want to spend some time finding more treasures. Students love gadgets. How fun to put it on your own homepage. Watching the world in real time with webcams gives students a view of the world many may never have. Sharing documents on googledoc, offers opportunities to collaborate and share learning with others. This is definitely a tool I will share with students.

No comments:

Post a Comment