Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #13

I was not able to look at the video, but did access the other materials giving the instructions on Delicious. Setting up an account was fairly easy with the website. Creating the bookmarks in the site and seeing the connections to others opened a whole new door for me with researching. An example is putting in new librarian and I got several other bookmarks linking me to many other sites with tips and advice for librarians. I could see my students using this to research and finding connections from others quickly, streamlining the process. Last year, my students researched a President. This site would have made some of our fruitless efforts nil, as we could have immediate efficient sites at our fingertips with Delicious. Another site I found within this Thing was Diigolet.com. With this tool, I can highlight, create post-its(floating) with comments, and much more. I absolutely loved this. Last year in my Reading Workshop, I taught my students to not just ingest information, but to comment or make a comment(highest level of thinking is making a judgment) about that information. I could so use this for media literacy and non-fiction reading strategies with my students.

1 comment:

  1. I did check the video and posted the link. The Common cRaft videos can be found by googling the name. If you want to see it, it is there now.

    ReplyDelete